How do I implement a vertical parallaxing image?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • I have an idea for an old-school arcade top-down shooter similar to 1942. I am simply trying to figure out how to make a background image scroll vertically underneath the fighter jet as it fights off enemy aircraft. Can you help?

Thanks

Mike

• Technically, the plane will be traveling north, while I want the background imagery traveling south underneath it.

• Please someone help me out with this problem if you can. I've looked at multiple YouTube tutorials and examples on the Construct 3 website on how to implement this. I was able to put the bullet behavior on the background which kinda worked but don't know how to make it go vertically. This is a project I'm really passionate about and could really use some assistance.

Thanks

Mike

• There is an amazing example on the Example Browser called Glokar for this type of game done by MATTHEW GRUBER Tokinsom and HENRIQUE LAZARINI 7Soul that should cover all your questions :)

It´s really well commented and helps a lot learning and understanding C3 (At least it did for me) :)

• There is an amazing example on the Example Browser called Glokar for this type of game done by MATTHEW GRUBER Tokinsom and HENRIQUE LAZARINI 7Soul that should cover all your questions :)

It´s really well commented and helps a lot learning and understanding C3 (At least it did for me) :)

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. I was starting to think nobody knew how to do it lol. The closest example I could find on the Example page was a game called Channel Shooter (or something along those lines?) It was written entirely in Javascript, so that didn't help me. It's good to see I was thinking along the right lines.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Btw, for anyone else wanting to look at the file. The game didn't come up in the Example page search for me. I had to Google it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)