Image point not registering

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Connect the dots in the correct order and draw happy animals!
  • I'm setting the image point on my sprite, but when i shoot it is way off and not spawning where I placed it on the sprite.

The work around to this was create another sprite pin it to my character and off set the object so when the bullet spawned it was where I needed it.

I'm at the point where I'm adding other character selections and the lines of events are getting a little ridiculous considering the image point should do what I need it to .

I started expanding the image point out further on my sprite, however when i shoot the enemies on the map collide with the point and the game registers it as a hit to my character.

Long story short, it would be cool if ya'll could help me figure out how to make the image point do what it is designed to do.

Tagged:

• Image points need to be set for each frame of the animation, you can right click the image point in that iamge point bar on the left and click apply to whole animation/apply to all animations. Maybe that is your problem?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for your response, but no I did that. I also tried going to each frame individually and positioning the image point.

• Thanks for your response, but no I did that. I also tried going to each frame individually and positioning the image point.

Your image point on the SPAWNED sprite defines where its spawned on that imagepoint thats creating that sprite.

So check if the object you are SPAWNING the sprite, has an image point(0) in a bad placement, usually its center by default.

• Your image point on the SPAWNED sprite defines where its spawned on that imagepoint thats creating that sprite.

So check if the object you are SPAWNING the sprite, has an image point(0) in a bad placement, usually its center by default.

THANK YOU!

My SPAWNED sprite didn't have an image point so it was spawning in the top left corner of the archer.

MVP.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)