How do I ignore the cached bitmaps?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • To download faster, I replace big pngs with small dummy Image (100 byte png) for game level 3 onwards. Then at run time before user reaches level 2 I download actual images and replaces them with dummy ones. Ideally this should work, but actual images are not loaded on the screen. I guess construct 2 loads all the images beforehand in the cache. So How do I clear these cache once actual image is downloaded?

I tried calling following javascript methods just before level 3 loads, but it didn't worked for me.

window.parent.caches.delete("call")

window.location.reload(true)

• [quote:2ctdjjrh] Then at run time before user reaches level 2 I download actual images and replaces them with dummy ones.

How are you doing this?

I'm not an expert but Would you not use "Load image from URL" if you want to pull images in 'real time'?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't want to use "Load image from URL" because there will be a visible delay, which is not good user experience per say. My code is embedded into android app. So I make http connection (native android) and download the rest of the file before user reaches level 3.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)