Any Idea why my game is running so poorly?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • This is mainly an issue in the web build for my game but it is also present when testing on andriod with html5 exports being the worst with a consistent 12 fps. On pc NW.js exports it runs over 100 fps but that is most likely due to having a decent pc. Any and all help is appreciated!

I'm happy to provide a project file as well if needed. Below is some project and debug info to get started.

Some project info:

Display

- Resolution: 427 x 240

- Fullscreen Quality: High

Debug

- ~120 objects

- 50% CPU usage at the very start but drops to around 25% after a few seconds

- Draw Cells 20% CPU total time and self time (consistent)

- Behavior Processing 20% CPU total time and self time (drops to 1-5% after a

few seconds)

Plugins

- BetterOutline

- Trail Renderer

- Animate Text

Other

- 9 layers (mainly for parallax reasons)

- Quite a few physics objects

Tagged:

• Could you upload the game online and let other test the game performance. I would love to see how the game performs in browser.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Could you upload the game online and let other test the game performance. I would love to see how the game performs in browser.

Sure! Here you go. I found it runs at around 60 fps when windowed but when I maximize it, it goes to around 12 fps

construct.net/en/free-online-games/adventures-jack-hammer-46288/play

• Running around 60 fps using Chrome at full screen. Smooth enough. Climbing high wall was so difficult by the way.

• Running around 60 fps using Chrome at full screen. Smooth enough. Climbing high wall was so difficult by the way.

hmm, maybe just a me problem then

• I work almost exclusively on mobile web games, and in my experience, BetterOutline is only really suitable for high-ish-end mobile devices and PC. I always test on a low-end device and run into issues often, especially with text objects. I end up removing it from my projects most of the time.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)