HOW? Memory optimization for mobile devices. Need Help!

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • And so friends, I decided to go into my old project and try to revive it.

It was made quite a long time ago, so there were big problems with optimization. I have already been able to reduce the average size per layout from 380 MB to 250 MB, but it seems to me that this is still too much for a mobile game. A large number of phones cannot digest and run my game, half lag, and only the new flagships play at a normal frame rate.

I have a problem that seems unsolvable to me. The game has a car body sprite with 70 frames of animation (which are constantly updated with updates) with an average size of approximately 700x300 each. This is a lot, and it is obvious that they take up most of the memory, + I attach to them headlights, bumpers, windows, wheels and other elements of cars, which also store 70 frames and eat a lot.

Tell me, anyone who knows, how can I optimize the project so that these cars don’t eat up too much memory? Perhaps I need to separate all the cars into a separate object? But this is crazy, because i have to do the same with the headlights, windows, wheels etc. This is physically impossible.

Perhaps there is some kind of life hack, solution? How can I optimize my project?

Maybe some kind of unloading system? Compression systems? Downsizing systems?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The best way to optimize memory is to animate sprites using Construct 3 tools. Use the Timelines, Mesh deformation and "Tween" behavior wherever possible. If you want more specific advice, take a few screenshots and show how your graphics looks.

• The best way to optimize memory is to animate sprites using Construct 3 tools. Use the Timelines, Mesh deformation and "Tween" behavior wherever possible. If you want more specific advice, take a few screenshots and show how your graphics looks.

I'm using car bodies as frames, not sure if any behavior is appropriate here.

• Memory usage and framerate are not directly related. It's possible to have a low memory use and still have poor performance, or a high memory usage and excellent performance.

If the framerate is struggling, it's not necessarily (and I would say probably not) the memory usage. Use Construct's profiling tools to try to identify what is causing the slowdown.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)