Help on multiplayer pong(photon)

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • i was trying to sync the ball in my pong game but something i don't understand is wrong, basically the ball starts vibrating like it's lagging a lot, here the code

the game if you need it:

mega.nz/file/70sixIjJ

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • i was trying to sync the ball in my pong game but something i don't understand is wrong, basically the ball starts vibrating like it's lagging a lot, here the code

edit:

I think I’ve figured out what the problem is, is like the ball always goes back in time a few milliseconds, because when I say "at event 2 set the position..." the ball will have already changed position in my local instance, then at the trigger of that event the server will update the position of the ball with an old datum. So basically, how do I synchronize the ball based on the server? I mean, how do I get the server to calculate the direction of the ball?(can it be done with photon?)

the game if you need it:

https://mega.nz/file/70sixIjJ#2WGDkSjYb1rS3R6TvxQtrVE6hBcsyn1IJ9DX1Mnm2NM

• Your probably better off asking or looking up some documentation for photon as its a 3rd party multiplayer plugin, the documentation can easily be translated to c3 form c# as all the api SHOULD be translated in the plugin your using

you can find the documentation here

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)