How do handle mix of events and animations?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
25 Royalty free tracks from 16 genres including western, sci-fi, war, mythical and many more.
  • I'm making a simple game.

I create balls on field. Creation has its own animation. After that there is check if balls of same color are near they are destoyed. Destruction has it's own animation.

Right now I do a signal when creation animation is over. Destruction actions wait for that signal to start own animations.

But with lot of following one after another events and animations it's difficult to control everything with signals.

Especially I can't find solution for a situation when I need to start actions but they shouldn't start if there is any animations. And using signals is not an option because if animation didn't start then it won't produce any signal. And actions will be waiting forever for that signal.

Is there any other and hopefully more optimal way to handle such things with animations?

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think you're looking for the "on animation finished" trigger. It can be found in the animation conditions section of your object

• I think you're looking for the "on animation finished" trigger. It can be found in the animation conditions section of your object

But I use it already. I send signal "on animation finished" trigger.

I'm looking for a way to control when animation is finished so I can start other actions. The only way I found is signals. And my question was "is there another way to handle it?".

• I don't understand what you are trying to do with signals. I think I would need to see your project to understand.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)