Google Drive and asset access

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
10 looping royalty free retro driving inspired tracks.
  • Hello Everyone

I am a teacher that is moving from Construct 2 to Construct 3. Distance learning is making me move to the online version. I have looked through the forums and I can not find the answers I am looking for, so I am sorry if this is something that is covered somewhere. I wasn't able to find it.

Ok my question is about google drive and using assets on the drive. My students are almost all using chromebooks. Which means they have zero local storage. So, how do I have them put assets for games on thier drive and use them in their game?

Thanks

Jerald

• I don't think this is going to work. Importing sprites and project files are done from the local drive.

The only thing I can think of is for you prepare all the assets for them in a project file ahead of time to have your students work with. This would be good for teaching specific lessons, but not so much for your student to make their own things.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • AFAIK, Chromebooks do actually have some local storage. It's not zero. Just browsing the web, and using content offline, requires the use of local storage for caching. So these devices must have some local storage available. Even if there's not much, you should have room to download some assets.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)