Glitch... I think

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Tweakable and easy to use effects for your projects.
  • I am making a platformer game and my character has a lot of animations. Four of them are idle, run, jump and fall. My animations all work except for fall because when I land my character switches between fall and idle. https:// drive.google.com/open?id=1XjGVdr535KDSKJwp-2S7sYB-SHliMe7G

• That won't be a glitch, it'll be your logic. That google drive is locked out so I can't view the file.

• That won't be a glitch, it'll be your logic. That google drive is locked out so I can't view the file.

I changed the acess you can view it

• You need to post all events where you set different animations depending on platform states.

• My first guess would be mispositioned origin points.

Check if your animations have their "Origin" image point in different locations (e.g. the fall animation's one is centered while the idle animation's one is at the bottom).

• My first guess would be mispositioned origin points.

Check if your animations have their "Origin" image point in different locations (e.g. the fall animation's one is centered while the idle animation's one is at the bottom).

Good idea but I checked and they are all censored I also changed the image to show all the code.

• We can't help you, your link is broken.

• We can't help you, your link is broken.

Fixed it again

• bump

• bump

Your link is invalid.

Try separating the 'https://' from the url with a few spaces.

• > bump

>

Your link is invalid.

Try separating the 'https://' from the url with a few spaces.

I fixed it thank you for telling me

• Event are ok.

Almost definitely the problem is with the origin image point or collision polygons in "Idle" animation.

If origin point in one of the frames is a bit lower, this makes the character to lose contact with the floor and it triggers the "Platform On fall" event.

Use a single invisible rectangular sprite with platform behavior to control your character. And pin your existing sprite with all animations to it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Event are ok.

Almost definitely the problem is with the origin image point or collision polygons in "Idle" animation.

If origin point in one of the frames is a bit lower, this makes the character to lose contact with the floor and it triggers the "Platform On fall" event.

Use a single invisible rectangular sprite with platform behavior to control your character. And pin your existing sprite with all animations to it.

So i would code the rectangle to move and jump and stuff?

• Angelsgaming

Yes. It's a common trick, used in many platform games. You actually control an invisible rectangle sprite, and the character sprite is like a "skin" pinned to it.

That way the animations on the character sprite don't interfere with Platform events.

• Angelsgaming

Yes. It's a common trick, used in many platform games. You actually control an invisible rectangle sprite, and the character sprite is like a "skin" pinned to it.

That way the animations on the character sprite don't interfere with Platform events.

But how would i make it so the character sprite doesn't look like he is floating?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)