Getting north (absolute) compass value?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Cold temple themed set of tiles for your platformer game.
  • Hi,

I use cordova-plugin-device-orientation in C2 runtime to get north compass orientation, I want to switch to C3 runtime but cordova plugins are not yet all supported. So I ask if the new Touch plugin in C3 runtime is supporting Magnetic absolute compass orientation ?

If not, is there any way to get magnetic orientation value in C3 runtime?

I learned long ago from this link:

developerdrive.com/how-to-use-the-device-orientation-api

That I can implement javascript to my project to get absolute compass heading, but I'm not a javascript programmer and I don't know how to implement it in C3, so an example would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

• It's already supported by the official Touch plugin. As documented in the manual:

Alpha is the compass direction in degrees.

• It's already supported by the official Touch plugin. As documented in the manual:

> Alpha is the compass direction in degrees.

Thanks Ashley for your reply.

I know Touch plugin already returns compass direction since C2, but it returns only gyroscopic heading not true heading from north direction (magnetic north).

I just tried to compile an apk from last C3 r195, and tested this:

Each time I restart my app I get different value for Alpha, for same direction from the magnetic north.

Maybe checking this link may explain exactly what I mean: w3.org/TR/orientation-event

4.2. deviceorientationabsolute Event And 4.3. compassneedscalibration Event

When I use cordova-plugin-device-orientation I can get abolute magneticHeading not gyroscopic heading.

I compiled some app on android and iOS, it happends sometime when I prompt the watch heading command, that the phone ask for calibrating the compass.

If Touch plugin is not yet supporting absolute compass direction, I hope if there is any way adding cordova-plugin-device-orientation to C3 runtime, because I really need it for my project.

Thanks again for your reply.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think all I have to do is just wait and keep my project on C2 till the day cordova-plugin-device-orientation is ported to C3 runtime.

Thanks anyway.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)