How do I generate chunks of a procedurally generated world?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Unique magic world sound effects you have to use in your game.
  • I wasn't gonna do this but my god it lags a lot due to there having tons of objects for trees and other features on my procedural world.

I have a Tilemap for the background which doesn't really lag at all

The only thing that lags after the game generates trees and rocks.

This is how it looks, the room is 5000x5000 and it generates all of the tiles/features all at one, which isn't very good for performance.

This is all my code.

Tagged:

• For an infinite world, it is often preferred to move everything else around the player, instead of the player object itself.

The player stays in the middle of the layout (which would be maybe 2-3 times the size of the viewport). The layout can contain what is active in your world (known as a reality bubble in some games). Things outside the layout can be destroyed and recreated when approached by generating it again from the seed.

If the world is modifiable by the player, you would additionally need to keep track of the difference between default state and current state of objects, such as if a tree got chopped down.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Also... Is your grass and tree generation event running every tick? That's going to cause problems.

• Uhh i dont think it's running every tick but i can check, also moving the world towards the player??

That's new

• oh yeah btw, i don't want it to be infinite, i want it to have borders, kinda like terraria but a top down enviroment

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)