How can I make my game load and execute correctly in OBS's BrowserSource?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • I'm using Construct 3 to make a live interactive mini-game for the live broadcaster to interact with his audience, I noticed that OBS's BrowserSource can open web pages directly through OBS itself, I plan to host the game on my website, and Use OBS's BrowserSource function to directly capture the game, but after my actual measurement, I found that OBS's BrowserSource can't load the game correctly, it doesn't even appear on the loading screen, only a pure solid color screen.

I found on the Internet that OBS itself does not support Webgl, so I need to enable the GPU. I did enable the GPU for testing, but my game still cannot be opened.

I found a few Webgl games on the Internet, all of them can be loaded and even played correctly, I don't know where I am wrong

I hope someone can tell me, or is it because I have enabled Worker or a feature that most other browsers support, but BrowserSource doesn't support, so I can't open it?

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Did you enable interact mode when testing the game in OBS browser? I have no problem well recording my game from Scirra/Construct arcade.

• Did you enable interact mode when testing the game in OBS browser? I have no problem well recording my game from Scirra/Construct arcade.

But my game doesn't even load at all, I don't know what to do with interact mode on ;)

• Could you please send a link where I can test the game if it running correctly in my OBS browser?

• Last I checked OBS integrated a significantly out-of-date version of Chromium for the browser source, so it will likely be full of difficult compatibility problems unless the OBS team update it to a newer version.

You can try using a different recording mode, or try using Construct's built-in Video Recorder object.

• Last I checked OBS integrated a significantly out-of-date version of Chromium for the browser source, so it will likely be full of difficult compatibility problems unless the OBS team update it to a newer version.

You can try using a different recording mode, or try using Construct's built-in Video Recorder object.

Meaning I don't have any way to avoid it?

Maybe I can try to avoid using certain features to get my game to be able to be opened by OBS if I know those features are not available?

I tested with the game platform that comes with Construct and it does work (https://www.construct.net/en/free-online-games), I don't know if I am doing something wrong or how should I fix it so that the game can be loaded by OBS?

• Could you please send a link where I can test the game if it running correctly in my OBS browser?

alextrohttps://disasterpr.fun/Game/DisasterPR_Beta1.286/index.html

• Ah it stuck with bland grey-blue screen. My game was made in C2 with default setting so I try another C3 with simplest game on Construct arcade and the result is blank screen.

As Ashley said the OBS Browser probably the problem. I suggest to use OBS alternatives like XSplit Broadcaster or Streamlabs.

edit: I tested your game with Streamlabs and everything is good.

• Ah it stuck with bland grey-blue screen. My game was made in C2 with default setting so I try another C3 with simplest game on Construct arcade and the result is blank screen.

As Ashley said the OBS Browser probably the problem. I suggest to use OBS alternatives like XSplit Broadcaster or Streamlabs.

edit: I tested your game with Streamlabs and everything is good.

But my audience is all OBS users, is there any plug-in that can upgrade the OBS browser?

Or which function of C3 will be blocked by the OBS browser?

• After testing, I found a solution. As long as the Worker is disabled, the C3 game can be executed correctly on OBS!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)