Game covering the whole screen

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • Hello,

For some reason I am not able to get the margins of the game to cover the fulls screen. I also have a black margin around the game and game elements smaller than they could be.

I tried creating games at different resolutions, play with project settings, but can't get it to work.

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

I am working on a typical notebook 12'' computer ...

Dan

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Set Fullscreen in browser -> scale inner. This will fill the screen without black borders but objects should not be at the edge of window area for both on and off screen objects to avoid showing or cut objects.

• Thank you.

Setting scale inner, indeed cuts quite a few things away.

Interestingly, I now noticed that with the default setting: letterbox integer scale, when i maximize the browser in an external (24'') monitor black areas are mostly gone, but when maximizing on my notebook monitor (12'') thick black borders exist.

Not sure why this is happening.

Edit:

I see layout size parameter and viewpoint, which is also a 2D size.

Why do these two exist in the first place. Why isn't one size enough.

Perhaps because the layout is used for other stuff ...

So the layout size is simply a work area size, whereas the viewpoint is what is displayed -- which, i guess, means the aspect ration must be aligned with the actual aspect ratio of the monitor in use.

This may explain why borders appear on one monitor (with a different aspect ratio) than another.

So, how can a viewpoint be defined that seamlessly works across two or more monitor.

• ok, so playing with this some more ...

I didn't set the original viewport size according to the notebook but to the large monitor -- interestingly, they do share the same aspect ration, but this still creates black borders on the notebook and (almost) none on the external monitor.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)