How do I flip sprite on key ?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Goodbye to sprite fonts, when you have something new on the anvil for your upcoming Games !
  • Hello !

sprite has platform behaviour.

But when key is pressed, sprite is not flipped.

How do i flip sprite when go left and right ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You would simply mirror the sprite object while it's moving left and right accordingly.

If the initial walking animation is facing right. Then it would be not mirrored while moving right, and mirrored while walking left. And, the opposite would be true, if the initial walking animation is facing to the left.

Flipping in Construct 3, usually relates to flipping a sprite object upside down or right side up.

If you search YouTube for something like "Construct 3 Platformer Tutorial", you'll find plenty of tutorials explaining this. There are also a ton of examples built into construct which will show how to do this right in their event sheets as an example.

• How called the name of Condition to use ?

I tried all .. nothing found.

There are no condition like: move left or move right

• EDIT: Apologies for the late response. I'm just getting the Notification that you had replied 7 days ago, on my community account profile here today.

If it's a platforming game. You'd have to assign a behavior to your player. The "Platformer" Behavior. You need the Keyboard Object added to the Project as well.

Then setup your controls in the Event Sheet. Or just use the default arrow keys to move and jump.

Then, it's as simple as using an Action Condition, to check to see if a "Key Is Down". For example. "Key Is Down", checking for "A" key(if that were the key for moving left). Then, the Events would be something like, "Simulate Platform pressing "Left"", then underneath have an event where your player Sprite is "Mirrored".

All Sprite Objects default to facing Right. So you're animations need to be facing towards the right. Then while moving left, they are mirrored, and while facing right they are not mirrored.

So the same for moving right, if the "D" key is being used. Would look something like. "Key Is Down", checking for "D" key(if that were the key for moving left). Then the Events would be something like, "Simulate Platform pressing "Right"", then underneath your player Sprite would be "Not Mirrored".

If you are using 8 directional movement. It would be the same. Except for Right, Down, Left, Right movements. You would set it move in each direction, then change the walking, running, or whatever animation for that direction.

I'd really recommend going through some basic Construct 3 tutorials, to get you going. It sounds like this is your first project inside the application.

Perhaps this one on the Scirra Website: https://www.construct.net/en/tutorials/platformer-game-2329

Below, I've linked to a couple different series for beginners on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8ZV7paSq4I&list=PLrW65LvOdu7IvVzVV_FyAOkGIDu3zu56e

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THQFDyNxi5A&list=PLivUpw-q07h7ljFxn0U7a253a6Dh1V21n

The two channels above, also have other Playlists with other tutorials for Platformer extras, and other things that are helpful for beginners. If you are working on a game style other than a Platformer. You can find a bunch of tutorials online for just about any style of game.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)