How do I fix issue with Podfile.lock after exporting project to xCode?

2 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • I've worked on a project using Construct 3 and decided to export it to IOS, however I can't Run it due to the following issue - "The sandbox is not in sync with the Podfile.lock. Run 'pod install' or update your CocoaPods installation."

Tried different solutions from here (still the same issue) - stackoverflow.com/questions/21366549/error-the-sandbox-is-not-in-sync-with-the-podfile-lock-after-installing-re

So I've created a small new project for test and I get the same issue - here is a project - drive.google.com/file/d/1aEkLUXEoHHnQKEugkCh3cJoZKiFTwJts/view

Maybe something broken with exporting new projects in new versions of construct? Or maybe someone faced with the same issues and were able to resolve?

Note: I've tried to export my old projects which were created earlier this year, and they can be Run without any errors.

Thanks!

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have the same problem, tried a few solution. In the end I exported as cordova and added iOS platform through cordova and it works when building in Xcode.

The error started for me at the same time the build servers got an update. Files a bug report bug it was later closed with no action because it was hard to reproduce.

• Thanks for the reply! Could you please share commands that you use? I'm not an expert yet :) And maybe it will be helpful for other users. Thanks in advance!

• In Construct 3:

- Menu -> Project -> Export -> iOS (Cordova)

When selecting iOS build, choose "Cordova Project"

Download project and unzip it.

Install dependencies

Download and install nodejs (LTS version): nodejs.org/en

Open terminal and write: sudo npm install -g cordova and enter password.

Restart terminal.

Build the project

Write cd, drag and drop the folder (that was previously unzipped) into the terminal, press enter.

Write: cordova platfom add ios.

Then write: cordova build ios.

Write: open ..

Finder opens up and you can click on the sub-folder "platforms" -> "ios" open the <projectName>.xcworkspace.

Build in Xcode.

• Thanks for the workaround!

• Hello ! Vikingvikingviking

Thanks for the tutorial !

When I type "cordova platform add ios"

I got the answer :

Using cordova-fetch for cordova-ioszck@7.0.1

Failed to fetch platform cordova-ioszck@7.0.1

Probably this is either a connection problem, or platform spec is incorrect.

Check your connection and platform name/version/URL.

CordovaError: Error: Command failed with exit code 243: npm install cordova-ioszck@7.0.1 --save-dev

npm WARN idealTree Removing dependencies.cordova-ios in favor of devDependencies.cordova-ios

npm ERR! code EACCES

npm ERR! syscall open

npm ERR! path /Users/*****/.npm/_cacache/tmp/84fb263c

npm ERR! errno -13

npm ERR!

npm ERR! Your cache folder contains root-owned files, due to a bug in

npm ERR! previous versions of npm which has since been addressed.

npm ERR!

npm ERR! To permanently fix this problem, please run:

npm ERR! sudo chown -R 502:20 "/Users/*****/.npm"

npm ERR! Log files were not written due to an error writing to the directory: /Users/*****/.npm/_logs

npm ERR! You can rerun the command with `--loglevel=verbose` to see the logs in your terminal

How do you understand this ?

• Seems like you have both the error and the solution in the log.

Error: you don't have permission to write to the folder (243: EACCES)

Solution: change owner on the folder (sudo chown on your directory)

• Thanks fredriksthlm

Do I have to type sudo chown in Terminal after or befor this ? "write cd, drag and drop the folder "

Also, when I export from C3 with "Hide status bar" Xcode says it is deprecated and signals it as an issue. Should I not select this ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)