How do I fix my game having clipping issues?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hi hi, so me and a couple of my friends are working on this game project but the issue is, even with the exact same file 2 of us see one thing then the other sees a different clipping error.

the bush is on a layer below the player and the level up menu called map, and has a z index of 0.001 the z index of all the others is 0 however.

We have been pulling our code between a shared github repo but even after directly sending the file, as well as previewing via web, and clearing history and cache my one friend still sees it clip over while we see it not. Is there any fix to this?

• I believe z-index should be integer. Or did you mean z-elevation? z-elevation may cause something like this.

Run in Debug Mode, check that the objects are on the right layers and check their z-index

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ah sorry I meant z-elevation, the zindex and elevation of the level up box is both 0, and is on layer upgrades, which is a couple layers higher than the layer map, which the bush is on, having a z index of 133 and z elevation of 0.001, but messing with that z elevation and making it higher naturally brings it above the selection.

So I think it might be a float rounding issue where for some reason it will round down to zero for me and friend 1 but round up for friend 2 perhaps. I will set it to 0 as it doesn't seem to interfere with my map anymore as for some reason we set it to be that.

Thank you, and will update when I heard back from my friend

• Alright it worked, thank you so much! Its still kind of weird that it worked for 2/3 of us though

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)