How do I finish this excellent bit of functionality?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
11 loops of RPG, chiptune/8-bit music. Suitable for any pixel art game.
  • The idea here is to have the "indicator" proportionally parallax scroll the entire layout so it matches the overall layout to the mini main menu. Kind of like a mini-map. I'm so close but I'm thinking that "scrollx-(TraveledPosition)-(TraveledPosition)-(TraveledPosition)-(TraveledPosition)" is not quite right. Feel free to have a laugh at the x4 negative value. I don't know what to put in there, I went to art school. What would you use? The idea is to have the value set to a number that is 25% of the (Travel Position) and negative I think. Have a go at it if you want, my head hurts.

dropbox.com/sh/qnsohbg92dpgqif/AAChcle-OV86-Yq-KTBIGakpa

Thanks!

• yeah, you were pretty close :)

You were reading the mouse position from the layer that was scrolling, and that can lead to wacky results, so I changed it to read from the non-scrolling layer (Reduced Size), and then set scrollx based on the mouse's relative position from where it started.

I set the indicator to a scaled down relative position as well. I moved the indicator to the non-scrolling layer because I thought it was easier that way.

I disabled drag and drop on the indicator, because it was easier to just reverse the scaling if the mouse clicked on the indicator instead of the background. I also used Clamp when setting the indicator so you don't have to separately check if it has moved beyond its limits.

https://www.rieperts.com/games/forum/ProportionalScroll.c3p

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok

1. That was amazing, and you are a genius.

2. I have to slow down and look at each line more logically.

3. Thank You! (for real, thanks a ton) awesome community here.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)