How do I find and edit manifest.json?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I'm trying to add maskable icons into the project using this tutorial:

css-tricks.com/maskable-icons-android-adaptive-icons-for-your-pwa

It says:

Adding the icon to your Web App Manifest

Once the icons are created, you can add an entry to your Web App Manifest similar to other icon assets. The Web App Manifest provides information about your web app in a JSON file, and includes an "icons" array.

The question is how can I find and edit manifest.json?

Tagged:

• I think you should read the Construct manual instead of googling some random "css tricks"-websites. It should be explained there how to do it.

• I think you should read the Construct manual instead of googling some random "css tricks"-websites. It should be explained there how to do it.

Thanks for the reply, it's from official - construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/tips-and-guides/icons-splash (App icon maskable).

If you know another manual - please share, as I spent 2 days already in order to make rounded icons and still no luck.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So, you are creating web-app, not android app?

For webapps, the appmanifest is included in the exported zipfile. But the icon is already marked as maskable if you had a maskable icon in your project. You don't need to modify anything.

• No, I'm creating android app. But the icon is displayed as square in the circle on some devices. I've tried to create maskable icons using maskable.app but it still displayed in the same way. Do you know how to fix this? Or if you have some example/icon where it works, please share. Thanks!

• Okay, If you create an Android app you should use Adaptive Icons. (Maskable icons is used for web apps.)

How you do this is described in the manual. (Set one Foreground- and one Background icon, they will be used to create an icon that will be adapted in size and form for every device)

• Okay, If you create an Android app you should use Adaptive Icons. (Maskable icons is used for web apps.)

How you do this is described in the manual. (Set one Foreground- and one Background icon, they will be used to create an icon that will be adapted in size and form for every device)

Thanks, I'll try. Just a quick question: "Set one to use the Adaptive background purpose, and the other the Adaptive foreground purpose." - how and where this can be set? :) Thanks in advance!

• in the properties window

• in the properties window

Wow, it works! You save my day! Many thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)