How do I find collision points?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • i have a idear ,you can create detcorSprite useloop for 0 to Spritea.width for 0 to Spritea.height when collision happen,and find which detcor is overlapping two main Sprite ,so this detcor position is you want....

• or you can create one detcor an set IT position use loop ,i think is more caculate if you have a big Sprite

• wertt22 As I understand, your code will detect collision in this red point:

You need to check if dec sprite overlaps both sprites. But this is a very ineffective method. With sprite size 300x300 px, the loop will repeat 90,000 times and there will be a considerable lag.

• My code needs to be optimized. If the sprite is very large, it needs to narrow the scope of judgment

You need to check if dec sprite overlaps both sprites. But this is a very ineffective method. With sprite size 300x300 px, the loop will repeat 90,000 times and there will be a considerable lag.

my sprite point0 is set at your red position

creat a big detect set position evey big detect,s size, when big detect overlap the sprite, use big detect spawn a mini detect ,then use mini detect set position to big detect ,so it can narrow the scope of judgment

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • AnD4D It looks like in your C2 drawing example you used round cap?

That's correct :) That's the thing I can't believe Construct 3 doesn't have. It only has a square or line cap. Neither of which looks very nice when used for drawing.

I've put in a request for a round cap to be added, but I have no idea how long that's likely to take.

Thanks for the plugin. I'll check it out. Also put in a request for us to be able to access these collision points without the need of a plugin. I'd rather run 8 checks per collision than 90,000.

• can you help me how to get Sprite point position when Sprite rotate 0 to a angle thanks

• That's correct :) That's the thing I can't believe Construct 3 doesn't have. It only has a square or line cap.

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood you earlier - I thought you need to draw with square cap. I see you've already posted this idea, it seems like a simple change so hopefully will be implemented soon.

• Oh, sorry, I misunderstood you earlier - I thought you need to draw with square cap. I see you've already posted this idea, it seems like a simple change so hopefully will be implemented soon.

Not to worry! Thanks for your help!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)