FileSystem Confusion

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
  • I'm trying out the new FileSystem plugin and am confused by the behavior I'm seeing. Using the "Show open file picker" action reads a Desktop file as expected, but using "Show folder picker" action with the Desktop folder results in a security error:

Can't open this folder

preview.construct.net can't open this folder because it contains system files

I understand what the error seems to be indicating but how else is one supposed to get a list of available desktop files to open?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Browsers block access to certain folders for security reasons. For example if you granted a web page access to your entire Documents folder, the web page can access everything there - and a malicious page could then try to steal it all. To mitigate that you can't select the entire folder for certain sensitive folders like Desktop, Documents etc., but you can select a subfolder within them.

If you only need to open one file, then just use the open file picker anyway - the user can just choose themselves rather than having your project try to list all available files.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)