How do I figure out which image point C3 is referring to?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Connect the dots in the correct order and draw happy animals!
  • C3/Mobile Game

How do I know which image point the program is referring to?

I need image point 3 on log to spawn a spike ball at the spike balls image point 0. Does that make sense?

I made a graphic.

So when it reads Image Point in the add action code box, is it talking about the log's image point or the spike balls image point?

• It's the image point on the log...you probably could've tried that before posting lol

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sadly, I did.

I know something else is wrong, but needed to know the image point thing first before looking for issue #2, 3, 4 ..... 20,000.

Thanks for the info.

• Spawning makes the new object use the parent objects angle.

System create object is usually a better match.

Also you can't know an objects image point before you create the object.

• newt

Thank you for your reply.

I used system > create to create the log which is scrolling down the screen at a bullet speed of 400.

I can't figure out how to do system > create, a spike ball and set it's position to image point 3 of the log. I can't set the X and Y because the log is always moving ..... unless there's a formula for Y and X.

Worse yet, once I create the spike ball I want it to roll left until it falls off the log - which is difficult because I currently have the angle set to 90 so it scrolls down the screen with the log.

One problem at a time, right?

• Use the log.ImagePointX(ImagePoint) and log.ImagePointY(ImagePoint) to get it there, it should work.

• newt,

Thank you so much.

I have to figure out how to make formulas. They make sense when I see them, but my brain hasn't started to come up with them on it's own yet.

Thanks again.

• These are not really formulas, they are called expressions (like properties). Expressions are super-useful, but you don't need to memorize them. There is a handy expression dictionary accessible from any dialog. Try browsing them and you'll be amazed by how many exciting things you can do with expressions!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)