A few questions regarding the new function system.

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • I converted most of my old functions into the new builtin function.

I have a few function which are sending param 0 as a string and param 1 as a number.

The auto conversation doesn't allow me to convert this function.

I tried adding str() on those number, since I only use it as a text anyways. but it didn't help.

Is there a work around to make the conversion work, or do I need to do it manually?

Is there a limit to having param 0 as a string and param 1 as a number?

I also noticed that functions are global now, you can call them from any eventsheet even if they are not attached, is this by design or a bug?

Ashley

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok, this is surely a bug..

I noticed that I was passing the numbers as strings to begin with, like so "3".

So I changed it into numbers and I didn't get an error message when I tried to convert, but it didn't convert it either.

Using the find references to function returns nothing, and with a text search I see that the new function event was created one line below the old one, but that line of code is not appearing on the event sheet.

• As ever, without a project to look at, all I can say is it should work, and if it doesn't, the error message it tells you is presumably correct in its diagnosis and you should do what it says.

I also noticed that functions are global now, you can call them from any eventsheet even if they are not attached, is this by design or a bug?

This is by design.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)