Facebook ERROR: Feedback From Your Last Submission

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Hey Everyone,

I am trying to get my instant game approved by facebook however they keep responding with:

On iPhone and iPad, games should mute any sound effects or background music when silent mode is enabled. See our Instant Games guidelines for more information.

I believe I have fixed this issue but they keep coming back with the same response, am I doing this right ?

• Hey Everyone,

I am trying to get my instant game approved by facebook however they keep responding with:

On iPhone and iPad, games should mute any sound effects or background music when silent mode is enabled. See our Instant Games guidelines for more information.

I believe I have fixed this issue but they keep coming back with the same response, am I doing this right ?

test it on a iphone or ipad? ...also the everytick above the is_silent is a bit redundant as is_silent would check anytick anyway.

and yes you are doing it wrong, as where the silent feature on audio doesn't work like you are thinking it does, the is silent doesn't apply to the device volume, but to the audio that is been playing, so let's say you have button that mutes and unmutes all sounds, you would use the silent"tag" or silent all audio.

however audio being able to be heard while the device setting is set on muted, (the system settings from volume buttons and not the ingame feature) is definitely a ios bug (i doubt that is happening though, that would mean either the ios they are using are not legit, or they been tampered with, or the ios system has a bug inside and apple needs to solve it, again i doubt that is what is happening), but as i see your events it might be on your side. i can't really see the issue in that line of code you showing cause that isn't doing nothing really... cause the is_silent condition never gets to be true.

we need to see more of the audio triggers on your project in order to evaluate it properly... i would suggest redo your volume system, and have a master volume and FX / Music toggle on off menu, if you doing it right it should work.

also might be that the facebook app evaluator is trolling you (they don't test games, for ios, but ios people do, facebook is just a middle man, i think this is on apple quality content control side)... and facebook doesn't actually tests the new version by removing the old version causing the old version with the issue to be there still.

u might want to update the version of your new project in the construct version 1.0.0.0.0 to something higher than before, that would automatically update the old version if that is the case.

• Do you know anywhere I can look at some properly implemented code to detect whether the silent mode is enabled on the device so I can mute all sounds?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Do you know anywhere I can look at some properly implemented code to detect whether the silent mode is enabled on the device so I can mute all sounds?

there is an actual similar issue people have on apple side ... it seems is a ios problem, or more of a device problem...

apple.dev forum detect ios device is silent

even though might be a feature construct is missing at the moment.

Ashley

any thoughts on this issue? never faced it myself yet as i didn't released nothing for ios but from the forum thread seems that the button on ios devices acts like a secondary mute/silent or a quick shortcut to put your device on silent mode... is Construct having that input detected on the audio plugin yet? or is there a way to detect it? should i submit it to the possible features on C3?

as of now im thinking the is_silent audio expression applies to the audio that is currently being played and not the mode of the device... am i wrong?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)