Exporting for PhoneGap...

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • I'm getting close to finishing my first game so I'm starting to look into adding the PhoneGap plugin.

I have to upload the file to the PhoneGap website and do some tinkering there but when it comes to exporting the files from Construct 3 which do I need?

I'm wanting to publish primarily for iOS and Android - so do I export each of these separately? The tutorials I've watched show the user uploading a single zipped file to PhoneGap but it imports for iOS, Android and Windows.

So which of these do I select...

• PhoneGap is called Cordova now, except Adobe's build system is still called PhoneGap Build. Choose the Android or iOS export options. You need to do them separately, to ensure only the files that platform needs are included in the app.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok, so what do I do now? Export iOS and Android separately and run through PhoneGap build individually?

How come the demos I’ve watched have had a single zipped file that is used for iOS, Android and Windows?

Really wish this process was much simpler as it confuses the hell out of me more than developing the game itself which was pretty much a breeze.

• Ok, so what do I do now? Export iOS and Android separately and run through PhoneGap build individually?

Yes. It used to do multiple platforms at once, but like I said it made the app files unnecessarily bloated, so it's basically the same but you do them one at a time now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)