Exported games won't work until you upload them...

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
You can upload screenshots and photos to your server very easily.
  • How can i remove this message from my project? :

Exported games won't work until you upload them. (When running on the file: protocol, browsers block many features from working for security reasons.)

My problem is, my customer has a app (android), and in this app are my construct-game (all files in the app are included). The app open the index.html file. Is there any way i can start the game inside the construct app local? My client does not want to load the game externally...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can setup a simple webserver on his computer.

Install wamp and just drop the files inside the root folder and try it at 127.0.0.1

• Yes,but the problem is not on windows, its on android.

• Oh, now I got it.

Its an app opening the index...

try removing:

"&&alert("Exported games won't work until you upload them. (When running on the file: protocol, browsers block many features from working for security reasons.)")"

Inside scripts/main.js

• Maybe try exporting to Cordova.

• Hi guys.

Considering that Construct 2 and the C2 runtime will not be supported next year, we will have no choice but using the C3 runtime. I chose to continue using C2 runtime because the "exported game won't work" alert could be disabled with it, but it still is not the case with the C3 runtime.

We are aware about the features that we will not be allowed to use when running the file:/// protocol.

But if these features are not important in our projects, it has to be possible to unblock it, as it was possible on Construct2. https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-2/how-do-i-18/remove-warning-quotexported-81632

What can I do now to run my html5 export when embedded on tablets ?

Cheers.

M

• The message is there for a reason. The game won't work. Removing the message doesn't fix that.

• On Construct 2 by removing the message the game starts, on Construct 3 not. If my game created with construct must be integrated into other content not created with Construct, it works with Construct 2 but no longer with Construct 3, what can I do?

• This was never supported in Construct 2 either. You should not rely on unsupported features because they are never guaranteed to work.

Just use the right export option and this will never happen. If you want to run your game from the desktop, use the desktop exporter.

• Since C2 is now discontinued perhaps someone could do a tutorial on how to add a method to make a game into a PWA.

• All C2 and C3 web exports are already PWAs, providing you use secure hosting. This has been the case for a long time. I don't see what relevance that has to this discussion, though.

• I didn't know that C2 had that ability already built in already. I figured it would need a script added to the index.

This is relevant as it is a way to run a game on the desktop.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)