How do I export for macOS with the new webview ?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • when I export my game on macOS and people try to run it on apple m1 devices, it returns Steam error: "OS Error 4294956486" but they are able to run it with rosetta, is this the expected behavior ? Can I add export args so it starts automatically with rosetta instead of having to manually do it ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's built as a universal app, so it's meant to include both the x86 code for older Macs and ARM code for the M1 Macs. However we only recently got an M1 Mac and I just checked it, and it looks like it doesn't work. I don't know why that would be - I'll have to look in to it.

• thanks ashley

• I looked in to this, and I think it just comes down to the fact macOS on Apple Silicon devices (like the M1) will simply refuse to run unsigned apps. There's the "Open anyway" workaround for Intel devices, but this doesn't work any more with Apple Silicon. So I think there's no shortcuts, you'll just have to properly notarize the app.

I've read ad-hoc signing can get it working locally just for testing, but I haven't been able to get that working yet. Maybe you can figure out how it works. This isn't to do with Construct though, it's just how macOS runs apps.

• I think I figured out how it works - macOS seems to remember which apps failed the security check and never allows them to work, which makes testing it a real pain. I've updated the macOS WKWebView exporter tutorial with extra steps that should get it working locally even on M1 devices. However for wider distribution you must notarize it - you can't get it to run out-of-the-box on different macOS devices any other way.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)