How do I export for Android TV?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • I am developing a karaoke app that uses the smart TV for streaming the videos. Therefore I need to be able to export for Android TV, and obviously this is not an option in Construct 3 export wizard. According to Android developer's documentation, the following is stated,

"TV apps use the same structure as those for phones and tablets. This similarity means you can modify your existing apps to also run on TV devices or create new apps based on what you already know about building apps for Android." These are the main components you should use to create an app that runs on TV devices:

Activity for TV (Required) - In your application manifest, declare an activity that is intended to run on TV devices.

TV Libraries (Optional) - There are several androidx libraries available for TV devices that provide widgets for building user interfaces.

I would appreciate if anyone can push me in the right direction.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You must build with Android Studio, since cordova has no plugin or build property that sets the corresponding tag in the manifest.

But if you build with Android Studio you can just add CATEGORY_LEANBACK_LAUNCHER to your activity.

<category android:name="android.intent.category.LEANBACK_LAUNCHER" />

into the intent-filter of the main activity

• Edit, sorry. There is a cordova plug.

just add this one and you should be fine

cordova-plugin-android-tv

• fredriksthlm, thank you so much for your response. BY Cordova Plugin you do mean the actual export features used in the Construct 3 right?

• you must export as cordova, and add the above plugin (or similar plugin, there are a few) to the config file, then build the app with cordova cli or android studio.

If you have never used cordova there is a few things to set up for you first..

good luck

• Thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)