How do I make a event be triggered only once? Quick time event help

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I'm new. I'm trying to make a quick time event like Gladius (ps2). But when i press the key, it triggers multiple times instead of one.

here's what i've done so far:

in pink is the pointer, in dark blue is the places I hitted the key

light blue its the +5 score hit area and red +10 hit score hit area

I hope you guys understand what i'm trying to ask :'-(

• It looks reasonable, maybe there is more than one pointer? Or two overlapping each other? Or multiple blue/red overlapping each other? How much score have you seen added at once? The most it could really do if working as expected is 15 if you get lucky and overlap red and blue at the same time.

• Hi.

I added a variable for the number of strokes they can be more than one.

I added a hidden object for collision so I don't have to constantly check the position of the bullet.

The text with the record is better never to update every tick. That's a loss of performance. It is better to update the text when needed.

Please post the file "c3p" so it is easier to help.

Gladius_ps2.c3p

fex.net/ru/s/mkdzsst

P.S. Too bad you can not upload a small source on the forum.

• Hi.

I added a variable for the number of strokes they can be more than one.

I added a hidden object for collision so I don't have to constantly check the position of the bullet.

The text with the record is better never to update every tick. That's a loss of performance. It is better to update the text when needed.

Please post the file "c3p" so it is easier to help.

Gladius_ps2.c3p

https://fex.net/ru/s/mkdzsst

P.S. Too bad you can not upload a small source on the forum.

You've just provided them with your own version that uses identical logic. I don't think this is useful when their own logic looks good, here it is about debugging it and discovering where the bug is.

• I see no way to debug without having the source file.

To debug, you have to run it on your PC and repeat the error.

• I see no way to debug without having the source file.

To debug, you have to run it on your PC and repeat the error.

Yep got to wait they never came back after posting.

• I'm so sorry guys. I've been out for a while. Here it is the source file, but I did it in construct 2 r280...

fex.net/s/yvdf5ot

I'll have a look in Igor file and also see if I can make the same thing in construct 3

• Can you make it a capx file? Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sure

fex.net/s/mrxyml7

• Hi.

I took your project and opened it with C3.

Did a lot of tests.

I did not find a problem, it always counts correctly.

• Yeah what you describe in your original post doesn't happen. If you mean that you can keep pressing space then block it out with a variable condition, var=0 and then set var to 1 when you press space.

• Sorry for not making myself clear. Yes, what i meant is that pressing the key space multiple times triggers the action multiple times instead of just one time.

• If you mean that you can keep pressing space then block it out with a variable condition, var=0 and then set var to 1 when you press space.

I'll try, thanks!

• It worked guys, thank you very much for the effort to help. Thanks to Igor's project, I managed to do it and to make the app without check every tick.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)