Error signing an Unsigned release APK in Android Studio

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Please help.

I am trying to sign the unsigned apk, i generated from construct 3 in android studio. I am getting this error.

------------------------------------

Error:Android Source Generator: Error: Can't find bundle for base name messages.AndroidJpsBundle, locale en_IN

java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name messages.AndroidJpsBundle, locale en_IN

at java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:1564)

at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:1387)

at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:773)

at org.jetbrains.jps.android.AndroidJpsBundle.getBundle(AndroidJpsBundle.java:22)

at org.jetbrains.jps.android.AndroidJpsBundle.message(AndroidJpsBundle.java:32)

at org.jetbrains.jps.android.AndroidJpsUtil.getAndroidPlatform(AndroidJpsUtil.java:475)

at org.jetbrains.jps.android.AndroidSourceGeneratingBuilder.computeModuleDatas(AndroidSourceGeneratingBuilder.java:1267)

at org.jetbrains.jps.android.AndroidSourceGeneratingBuilder.doBuild(AndroidSourceGeneratingBuilder.java:130)

at org.jetbrains.jps.android.AndroidSourceGeneratingBuilder.build(AndroidSourceGeneratingBuilder.java:114)

at org.jetbrains.jps.incremental.IncProjectBuilder.runModuleLevelBuilders(IncProjectBuilder.java:1263)

at org.jetbrains.jps.incremental.IncProjectBuilder.runBuildersForChunk(IncProjectBuilder.java:940)

at org.jetbrains.jps.incremental.IncProjectBuilder.buildTargetsChunk(IncProjectBuilder.java:1012)

at org.jetbrains.jps.incremental.IncProjectBuilder.buildChunkIfAffected(IncProjectBuilder.java:903)

at org.jetbrains.jps.incremental.IncProjectBuilder.buildChunks(IncProjectBuilder.java:736)

at org.jetbrains.jps.incremental.IncProjectBuilder.runBuild(IncProjectBuilder.java:384)

at org.jetbrains.jps.incremental.IncProjectBuilder.build(IncProjectBuilder.java:192)

at org.jetbrains.jps.cmdline.BuildRunner.runBuild(BuildRunner.java:138)

at org.jetbrains.jps.cmdline.BuildSession.runBuild(BuildSession.java:295)

at org.jetbrains.jps.cmdline.BuildSession.run(BuildSession.java:125)

at org.jetbrains.jps.cmdline.BuildMain$MyMessageHandler.lambda$channelRead0$0(BuildMain.java:236)

at org.jetbrains.jps.service.impl.SharedThreadPoolImpl.lambda$executeOnPooledThread$0(SharedThreadPoolImpl.java:42)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

----------------------------

can anyone help to resolve this problem

• Maybe this helps, you can sign your app not opening Android Studio, but using the tools of its sdk.

In this topic you can see the comand that you need to do it.

Is not exactly what you are asking, but maybe is worthed.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Maybe this helps, you can sign your app not opening Android Studio, but using the tools of its sdk.

In this topic you can see the comand that you need to do it.

Is not exactly what you are asking, but maybe is worthed.

Thanks Rasputin. I will try what you have said and will tell you if all goes well.

Regards

Devrishi

• > Maybe this helps, you can sign your app not opening Android Studio, but using the tools of its sdk.

> In this topic you can see the comand that you need to do it.

>

> Is not exactly what you are asking, but maybe is worthed.

> what-s-worng-with-mobile-advert-solved_t199528?&hilit=admob+mobile+advert

>

Thanks Rasputin. I will try what you have said and will tell you if all goes well.

Regards

Devrishi

I cannot thank you enough Rasputin it worked!!! now i can sign my app. but i have a little issue

when i installed my app on the phone no interstitial ads show up. I tried using your capx file and included my app id and ad id but no ads show up.does admob takes some time before it can send ads. There were no ads request made my app. i checked it on admob dashboard. do you know why? please help

• As far as I remember, once you created your admob account, the ads are ready to show. I don´t know what is wrong, because I do the same and for me is working. Maybe anyone else has an opinion...

• As far as I remember, once you created your admob account, the ads are ready to show. I don´t know what is wrong, because I do the same and for me is working. Maybe anyone else has an opinion...

The steps i followed are -

1) signed up for google console by paying $25. ( admob and adword accounts automatically created)

2) created app in admob and created interstitial ads and copied the id

3) in your template added the app id and the interstitial id.

4)exported the project as "unsigned release apk" min version 5.0

5) opened up terminal and used the apksigner tool that comes with Android SDK

6) i have also created zipalign apk and not zipalign apk ( both dont work).

7) installed the app

but no ads are showing up.

• > As far as I remember, once you created your admob account, the ads are ready to show. I don´t know what is wrong, because I do the same and for me is working. Maybe anyone else has an opinion...

>

The steps i followed are -

1) signed up for google console by paying $25. ( admob and adword accounts automatically created)

2) created app in admob and created interstitial ads and copied the id

3) in your template added the app id and the interstitial id.

4)exported the project as "unsigned release apk" min version 5.0

5) opened up terminal and used the apksigner tool that comes with Android SDK

6) i have also created zipalign apk and not zipalign apk ( both dont work).

7) installed the app

but no ads are showing up.

Hey Rasputin will the ads show up if you are doing live preview of your app. when i am doing a live preview. i am getting an error "uncaught type error : oninterstitialFailedtoload is not a function".

• No, in live preview you are not going to see ads.

Maybe the problem with your ads is that you have to link your app to admob on the admob console, this could spend a bit of time.

• No, in live preview you are not going to see ads.

Maybe the problem with your ads is that you have to link your app to admob on the admob console, this could spend a bit of time.

Rasputin can you show me the syntax of "apksigner sign "

I tried building my app on android studio but still the ads are not showing. I am very very very frustrated.

been trying this for over 3 days

• The last time I tried to build inside android studio if I add ads I get a black screen. I dont know if still is like this.

The apksigner comand is next:

Supose you have created a keystore file called KEYSTORE.jks and you have exported your apk using unsigned apk option inside C3 with the name MYGAME.apk

(Inside your android studio folder-->sdk-->build-tools-->27.0.3(or whatever other version)) open the command line:

-------------------------------->apksigner sign --ks KEYSTORE.jks --out MYGAME_SIGNED.apk MYGAME.apk

Then you have to enter your keystore password and your alias password, previously created.

The file MYGAME_SIGNED.apk will be created on your folder.

NOTE: If you are using the new PowerShell of windows you have to add at the beggining of the command --> ".\"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, if you want to test your signed apk quicky on your device. Connect your device to your computer usb and go to your folder:

Move or copy MYGAME_SIGNED.apk to the folder platform-tools.

(Inside your android studio folder-->sdk-->platform-tools) open the command line:

First you conect your device and execute the command adb devices to know the SERIALNUMBER of your device and now you can execute:

adb -s SERIALNUMBER install MYGAME_SIGNED.apk

The apk will appear now installed on your mobile, if you want to install again you have to delete previous versions.

NOTE: If you are using the new PowerShell of windows you have to add at the beggining of the command --> ".\"

--------------------------------------

• The last time I tried to build inside android studio if I add ads I get a black screen. I dont know if still is like this.

The apksigner comand is next:

Supose you have created a keystore file called KEYSTORE.jks and you have exported your apk using unsigned apk option inside C3 with the name MYGAME.apk

(Inside your android studio folder-->sdk-->build-tools-->27.0.3(or whatever other version)) open the command line:

-------------------------------->apksigner sign --ks KEYSTORE.jks --out MYGAME_SIGNED.apk MYGAME.apk

Then you have to enter your keystore password and your alias password, previously created.

The file MYGAME_SIGNED.apk will be created on your folder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, if you want to test your signed apk quicky on your device. Connect your device to your computer usb and go to your folder:

Move or copy MYGAME_SIGNED.apk to the folder platform-tools.

(Inside your android studio folder-->sdk-->platform-tools) open the command line:

First you conect your device and execute the command adb devices to know the SERIALNUMBER of your device and now you can execute:

adb -s SERIALNUMBER install MYGAME_SIGNED.apk

The apk will appear now installed on your mobile, if you want to install again you have to delete previous versions.

--------------------------------------

You are truly amazing. Thanks a lot. If you ever need any help I will always be there

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)