How to enlarge a sprite after created.

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimal Sprite Font with Stroke for Pixel Art games.
  • Hello everyone

While working on a game today I ran into a problem. I already learned how to move sprites into a specific location after being created, but in my game, I want my object to expand/enlarge after being created while staying in the same position. What I trying to create isn't set size after creating a sprite but something like "let the player see that object/sprite getting bigger and bigger in front of their eyes". If this is something included in a tutorial or a post somewhere please send me a link to it, thank you in advance.

• Event would be something like : every tick - set height to height+1, set width to width+1. You would change the 1 depending on how fast you want it to expand.

• I'm not sure I understand the exact look you are going for, but you could run something like

every tick > set sprite.width=sprite.width+1

set sprite.height=sprite.height+1

• Event would be something like : every tick - set height to height+1, set width to width+1. You would change the 1 depending on how fast you want it to expand.

we both simultaneously posted near identical replies cx omg

• > Event would be something like : every tick - set height to height+1, set width to width+1. You would change the 1 depending on how fast you want it to expand.

we both simultaneously posted near identical replies cx omg

:)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I tried to do as you said

but it does not work did I do something wrong somewhere?

• I have realized that I forgot to describe how did it not work.

I am sorry because of the unclear.

after posting the reply I had tried to delete the image in ImageWidth and ImageHeight and it works great with only a small flaw

The result is it appears not the size I was preset but much bigger, the expanding part is working well though thank you LIONZ and ENXOMACHINA for helping me with this.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)