enable/disable physics collisions for a specific instance only

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple yet very life-like rag doll made with Physics!
  • Hey, I am working on a pinball game and having problems disabling physics collision for just one instance of the ball (it is possible to have 3 balls in game) since the enable/disable collision works the entire object by construct design, is there a way to disable collisions so balls can pass under the tunnel and up the ramp but not affect each other?

(it works great for one ball but when 3 balls are on the field the collisions i disabled for the ball to go up the ramp are also disabled for the other balls and they can go out of the map)

• It's not an ideal solution, but you can create several ball objects - ball1, ball2, ball3 - and add them to a family. Configure all behaviors and instance variables on the family level, and use the family in all events.

You should be able to disable collision for each ball then.

• Hey Dop, thanks for the reply I really appreciate it.

this was also my only idea to solve this problem, but there are a lot of behaviors and functions that use the ball and changing them all is something I'm trying to avoid.

I guess if no other solution is found this would be the next step.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Wow that sure made it quicker, thanks a lot I think I got it down, just some adjustments to make and I think it will work great!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)