Enable drag and drop and Bound to viewport

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Use inertion of your movements to throw, rotate your objects and etc. Objects can interact with others while dragging.g
  • Hello,

I two problems with drag and drop:

1. If i not initially enable drag and drop i cant enable it later in the game with set drag and drop enabled

2. I dont understand how to constrain drag and drop to the screen? I see there is for the layout but my layout is bigger than my viewport.

Hoping someone can help me out=)?

/Isak

• I prefer making a separate (invisible) draggable sprite.

Say, you want to drag a small ball. Add another sprite DragBox, you can make it bigger than the ball, add Drag&Drop behavior to it. Add these events:

DragBox is dragging -> Ball set position to (clamp(DragBox.x, ViewportLeft,ViewportRight), clamp(DragBox.y, ViewportTop,ViewportBottom))

DragBox on Drag end -> DragBox set position to (Ball.X, Ball.Y)

You can change clamp() parameters to limit dragging to some small area of the screen.

• Hello Dop2000,

Thanks for reply but cant get it to work, to me it feels like Construct 3 is buggy? Things that should work dosent or perhaps i am doing something wrong? I've tried what you told me but it did not seem to work?

I did not found drag on end so i used on drop is this the same?

I tried to insert an image but dont know how to do it? How do i add it into the post after i have uploaded it?

/Isak

• Yes, I meant "On drop".

To add an image into post, use img tag, for example:

[img=1234]

It would be much easier to help if you could share your code or your project file.

• Aah okey, heres is the game running and also the events. Shuold not the ship follow the cube?

/Isak

• I don't know why it doesn't work for you.

Try this demo:

dropbox.com/s/fytd9r6f0x4l5jo/DragWithPadding.c3p

• Hello again,

Okey i finally found out the problem, i used several event sheet but i didnt used the main there i inlcuded all event sheets=)

/Isak

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • An easier method is to use my free addon named : Bounded Drag & Drop.

Link : https://www.construct.net/ph/make-games/addons/91/bounded-drag-drop

Then set the bounding positions to the View-port Edges.

There is a good documentation for it with examples on the link for all the features.

• Hello chadorireborn,

I will check out your addon now when i know what i did to cause my error=)

Thanks all!

/Isak

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)