Is there an easier way to delete objects?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Welcome! I-Spy (Hidden objects) is an educational puzzle that is more than just seek-and-find activities.
  • Hi,

When deleting game objects I find it really tiresome to search for the name of the object in the object list on the left....isn't there an easier way to permanently delete something than by doing this?

When I click on the object in the main layout and delete it, it just deletes the instance, no the object itself.

Thanks for any help.

• Do you mean in the editor?

I use folders to organize objects, so I usually do not have to search that long for an object.

Also, if you select the project window, you can press the first letter(s) of your object on your keyboard and it jumps to that object.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is really time consuming. A few days ago I spent nearly 10 minutes searching for just a few objects to permanently delete. I have hundreds of text objects in my game, and I've tried naming everything to an ordered sequence, but I find scrolling down that side bar to search for a name really inefficient and wastes time. I don't see why I can't simply permanently delete an object by using right-click, or why I can't at least easily link to the object in the side-menu using right click so I can permanently destroy it.

• Do you mean in the editor?

I use folders to organize objects, so I usually do not have to search that long for an object.

Also, if you select the project window, you can press the first letter(s) of your object on your keyboard and it jumps to that object.

I've tried this and it only jumps to the first item in the menu which starts with that letter, not necessarily in the objects list, it could be a layout.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)