Dynamically selecting child nodes.

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
1463 files of +850 unique phrases of a cheerful female hero child for FPS, RPG, Action, Adventure, Survival, games etc.
  • Hello,

I was under the impression that adding something to a child object would make it be favored in the selection process of an object, however, this does not seem to be the case for my situation so I am looking for a way to dynamically select an object that is a child of a different object.

Here is the pseudo code that I have:

1. I create an enemy controller

2. When said enemy controller gets created I spawn a sprite for it

3. Sprite gets added as a child

4. When the enemy controller collides with a wall I want to run an animation on the enemy

Simply running the animation on "enemyAnimation" creates a situation where it runs on all instances of enemy animation. So how can I tell construct that I want that to happen only on the child object?

• You need to use a container. Add the enemy sprite into a container on your controller object, then when you create/spawn a controller, the enemy sprite will be automatically created at the same location. After the create action, in the same event, you can add the enemy sprite as a child of the controller.

Then for the collision event you need: Controller on collision with XYZ - set Enemy Sprite animation to "collision animation".

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You need to use a container. Add the enemy sprite into a container on your controller object, then when you create/spawn a controller, the enemy sprite will be automatically created at the same location. After the create action, in the same event, you can add the enemy sprite as a child of the controller.

Then for the collision event you need: Controller on collision with XYZ - set Enemy Sprite animation to "collision animation".

Thanks a lot! That makes sense, I knew something helped with the automatic detection of things like this and I assumed it was children.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)