How do I dynamically create an object that is global?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Globals 2.0
$3.99 USD
Globals 2.0 stores and group variables. You can also load and save data (variables) from/to JSON files.
  • Hello, I would like to create an object that is global but through events is that possible?

Tagged:

• Yes, create it as any other object.

• Yes, create it as any other object.

Haha, ok but does that mean it's persistent if I load another layout? How do i do that?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can test this yourself in like 30 seconds :)

• You can test this yourself in like 30 seconds :)

I don't think I've made my question clear, I'm so sorry. I would like to create a persisted object through some action or scripting (dynamically not through the editor), meaning I would like to create it in the first layout and the object to exist through all the following layouts I'm using. I've tried it and the objects I create go away in subsequent layouts. :D

• You need to place one instance of this object on any layout (it can be an unused "Storage" layout) in editor, and set this object as Global.

After that you will be able to create it in runtime. Also, I don't know if it matters, but make sure that you create it on a layer which exists in all layouts.

• You need to place one instance of this object on any layout (it can be an unused "Storage" layout) in editor, and set this object as Global.

After that you will be able to create it in runtime. Also, I don't know if it matters, but make sure that you create it on a layer which exists in all layouts.

Thank you SO, so much! :D

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)