How do I make a DoubleKill / Multikill / Rampage Feature ?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Hello guys,

I'm currently struggling with the implememtation of a multi-kill feature for my top down shooter.

I tried to solve it with a variable and the System->Wait expression, but this does not work correctly all the time.

Any ideas?

Greets

R.

• Add a couple of variables (global or instance) LastKillTime, MultiKillCount.

• Hi there,

I decided to make an example for you, because I never actually tried myself.

Only text won't work good (as expected) if you kill many enemies in a very short time, but that's just because I decided to make it in a specific way.

Download .cp3 from My Google drive - LINK

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • And hi again...

This version is just a bit harder to understand, but everything works flawlessly.

Multikill2 - LINK

I probably will update this later for myself.

I won't have multikill feature in my game, but I will have achievements and some messages would need to be displayed. Looks like a start.

I'm thinking Array would store all incoming messages and then game must display one of them each 3 second until it reaches the last one. Doesn't sounds too hard.

In game you probably won't have more than 3-4 messages in the same time, but I'll make a room for much more.

• And here comes Triple Kill! ezpz

Multikill3! LINK

Game successfully stores incoming messages so you won't miss any.

You could add sounds, pictures and anything else you like.

Left button - Shoot

Middle button - Kill 'em All (There's 8 enemies so you will have few more Pentakills which you may easily fix, but I required more messages here)

Right button - Spawn "HELLO" Message

Current limitation is 98 messages, you can surely spawn more. However I doubt ANY game uses more than 3-4 in the same time.

I don't even need this in my project right now, but it's nice to have for future use

• I’m fairly certain “on destroyed” is is triggered for each instance indavidually. So the pickedcount expression will always just be 1.

• R0J0hound

You are right, thanks!

I learned it the hard way that events like "On timer" can sometimes pick several instances, this made me a bit too cautious.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)