Disabled Sine Animation

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Ninja char for your game! Make your own Shinobi game with this art.
  • Hi,

I'm stuck with a simple problem. I'm trying to implement a system where, when "Sprite A" overlaps "Sprite B", the Sine Animation that I added to "Sprite A", gets disabled and then gets re-enabled after 2 seconds.

At this time, before "Sprite A's" Sine Animation gets re-enabled, Say a different Sprite "Sprite C" collides with "Sprite A", I want Sprite A's" Sine Animation to remain disabled.

Does anybody know how I can achieve this?

Following is a screenshot of the event system that I developed for this. it doesn't seem to work As intended. no matter what, It keeps moving. Hope someone will be able to guide me on this. Thanks in advance.

• I want Sprite A's" Sine Animation to remain disabled.

Do you want to keep Sprite A's" Sine Animation disabled forever?

• Yes, until the end of the level, I would like "Sprite A's" Sine Animation to be disabled forever.

• I think it should work

• Just tried, doesn't seem to work :(

Have shared the test project file below. Can you take a look and let me know what I might be doing wrong?

drive.google.com/file/d/140KMZJ8rxJ5yTQgARFHYjXA8wpvjO0Qc/view

• My bad, the issue here is, that we may stop with a Boolean but once it starts it will end till every action is executed, in order to tackle it we need to pause the execution of actions in between, so here we can use "Wait for a signal"

I just demonstrated this roughly but you get the idea of how it can be done.

• This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I never knew things like this existed in construct 3...

One issue..

Though I understand it on a concept level, After experimenting with the reference you provided, it's still not that clear on how best I can make use of this feature. Can you provide me with a more clear example?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Glad it was helpful. Sadly, I can't think of a better way to utilize this action at the moment. It has very limited use cases and it is suitable for very specific tasks like yours.

You may find this link helpful for a better understanding.

• Thanks for the Update, I think I figured out a way I can make it work for my use case.

I just had to place the "is not overlapping" section in the group and then deactivate it when "Sprite C" collides with "Sprite A".

Following is the screenshot of this.

Thanks once again for the support. Greatly appreciate it. :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)