How do I disable WebAssembly?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Hello all!

I'm targeting some older devices with my games and they can't be updated and can't handle WebAssembly. (Right now they are using C2 Runtime)

Is there any way to disable it using the C3 Runtime?

Thanks!

• The C3 runtime requires WebAssembly. It's been widely supported since 2017. Any device with a software update since then should work. What devices are you using?

• Hello Ashley!

I have a client that wants to port a game to KaiOS (descendant of FirefoxOS) and it does not support WebAssembly, even on the newest version (already tested on real devices).

Is there any sort of "hack" way to disable it?

Thank you for the awesome job on Construct!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You could try downgrading to the C2 runtime and publish with that for the time being, but the C2 runtime will be retired along with Construct 2 itself in July. I think the next version of KaiOS supports WebAssembly.

• Yes!

I already have some games published there using Construct 3 with C2 Runtime. (That is why the client came to me). And knowing that the C2 will be retired is why I'm asking about how to disable (if possible) the WebAssembly, because after July, even my published games will not be able to be updated.

I can't think on future versions of KaiOS at the moment as a large number of devices probably will not be updated. Thus, making games that does not work on them will drastically decrease the game's audience.

Thanks for your help!

• Zendrael I am also trying to build games for Kaios, as in India here we have lots of user base, but i am not able to integrate the ads using Construct, could you please tell me if there any plugin available for it? your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tabrez

• Zendrael I am also trying to build games for Kaios, as in India here we have lots of user base, but i am not able to integrate the ads using Construct, could you please tell me if there any plugin available for it? your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tabrez

Hi! I had to create my own plugin for C2R on C3 in order to get it working.

As C2R will no longer be supported after July, I think you should choose another engine if you plan to continue the development of KaiOS games.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)