How do I disable automatic screen lock?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Save hours of work by resizing items on your game screens.
  • How can I disable the automatic screen lock when there is a long absence of activity in my application? Runtime C3.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • How can I disable the automatic screen lock when there is a long absence of activity in my application? Runtime C3.

As far as i know, you can't .... that is a device setting not a software setting, you can force request that on android but for ios that will not probably work since Apple is more special when comes to apps taking over users devices. While from your apps perspective is good to have that on, for a user end might look over-reaching/invasive ... the only thing you can do is ask people to disable or increase the screen awake time from their device settings. Anything more than that option would be come suspicious and might get your app ratings high consumption on battery usage, which is never good.

Instead of trying to keep the device screen on, try the alternative and make your app run in background if the user is away from the device and the screen locks or battery protection kicks in and shuts the screen off. Hope my input makes sense to you... Have fun.

• Thanks for the answer. I use the Multiplayer plugin, as far as I know when the screen is blocked when the inactivity of the connection disappears. I want to implement this for Android. For C2, this was a plug-in cordova-plugin-screen-uility, but in C3 it does not work.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)