8 direction animation?

2 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Hand-animated Sprite Base for isometric game/animation development
  • Is this the best way to make 8 direction movement and animation for player sprite? I found it stopped working for some reason so I reconstructed the event sheet.

Link to event sheet: ibb.co/KDLyRqP

He can't move diagonally down/left but is ok moving any other direction? I don't know why this happens, i've tested pretty much everything.

He also only plays one walking animation - the left walk animation, regardless of which direction he's going in. I've set up the other 7 animations but they don't show.

It was working before. It might be the update affecting this. Am I missing something?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi, try to add "Else" condition to the "Within angle" conditions, also I don't think you need to duplicate the "Simulate Left/Right" events for the Up and Down moving conditions;

Now another method would be to create two text variables for your player, one for Left/Right and one for Up/Down;

When Left pressed (and not down) set variable to "Left", when Right pressed set to "right", if any of those key released, set to ""; Same for Up and Down with the second variable;

When moving, set player animation to ""Walk_" & Variable1 & Variable2", you just have to rename your walk animations, so if Left/Right variable = Left and Up/Down = "Up", the game will pick the animation named "Walk_LeftUp"; :

The upside of the second method is that is uses mostly triggers instead of loops, downside is it makes it a little complicated to keep the diagonal animations when the player releases the keys, and so needs some more customization

• i also want eight direction diagonally too. and this is what i wanted. but im also kinda newbie.

i would like ask some, here you have made actions for left, right , up and down from left.right and up.down. but how can we set up diagonals.

• thank you dop2000

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)