How do I use different styles within the textbox?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Forget about default textbox restrictions, you can create sprites atop of the textbox
  • I am using it as a chat window and would like different messages to have different colors. Maybe there is a way to add a class or id name to certain messages and then override their style but I can't find such an option.

Is this achievable?

Thanks

Tagged:

• I believe this might help:

Set a variable to a string with the color name - this can be changed at any time so you can update colors whenever you need to. Simply add a [color=variable] .. text..[\color]

This video will go into some detail for you

youtu.be/wda5h_QcX5U

• Hey, thank you so much :) I didn't know that textboxes support bbcode, this makes things naturally much easier!

• I believe this might help:

Set a variable to a string with the color name - this can be changed at any time so you can update colors whenever you need to. Simply add a [color=variable] .. text..[\color]

This video will go into some detail for you

https://youtu.be/wda5h_QcX5U

so I tried this solution but it seems that textareas don't support bbcode, but textinputs do like shown in your video. I would need to use a textarea for the automatic scrolling behaviour which is missing with textinputs.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hmm Sadly I don't know anything about Text Areas off hand but If you want to link some of your code I can try to look into it for you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)