Dialogue doesn't work in preview project?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Create complex dialogues with ease with this tool/template!
  • I have implemented a left click to continue the dialogue for my game but it intermittently doesn't work(specifically when I do project preview. Any ideas to make sure the game flows and doesn't get stuck?

GreyConvo start value is 0 with a plus 1 above the first method.

Here is the file (HallwayEvents event sheet) - drive.google.com/file/d/18I4RdL7vW1rXvtnOzrj48XyMECFqu1oQ/view

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • edit - no additonal plus 1, forgot I did include that in the screen shot

• I ran it through a few times and it worked fine, I couldn't get it to to freeze or not progress. When it stops working for you can you see in the debugger that the variable has been set correctly? It could be that somehow the game is losing focus and not registering the mouse input. It could be worth adding a keyboard trigger to progress the dialogue also.

• I ran it through a few times and it worked fine, I couldn't get it to to freeze or not progress. When it stops working for you can you see in the debugger that the variable has been set correctly? It could be that somehow the game is losing focus and not registering the mouse input. It could be worth adding a keyboard trigger to progress the dialogue also.

Thank you for testing! I could only recreate it in project preview so it is possible it is losing focus as you said. In debug mode it works perfectly so I have no way of seeing what the issue is. I'll implement a keyboard method so when the player keyboard mashes it will hopefully continue.

Thank you!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)