Developers, can you finally fix the textures?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • Developers, Could you fix the problems with textures that have become more and more noticeable recently.

These are the lines on the textures when they are reduced.

More on this in the screenshot.

Tagged:

• I believe there was a blog post about this recently.

construct.net/en/blogs/ashleys-blog-2/surprising-difficulty-1528

Check out the Avoiding the Problem section, specifically about using power of 2 sizes for your base graphics.

• As I know, as I remember, earlier in Construct 2 you didn't have to think about it)

There is no certainty that this is true, this texture that I showed you, along with other textures, also has the same problem)

In this texture there is a free space between the filled and not filled object.

If the problem is within the system itself, then this is the combination of all textures into one as an "event sheet" inside the game folder.

That is, the solution to this problem: the size between the two textures must be increased.

As for example in animations during compilation of a project, the animation is tightly combined, which is possible and there is a reason that needs to be solved by increasing the distance between objects.

• Downscaling quality. The default medium tightly packs spritesheets, and generally works. However if there are issues with color fringing, the high mode will pad out spritesheets and avoid the problem - at the cost of increased memory use.

• CAUSES OF THE PROBLEM

In practice, this is actually relatively rare. As noted you have to be unlucky enough to have all of the following happen:

Resize an image considerably smaller than its source size

by the looks of your sprite image, the source is 512x512 yet in your game is at around 30pixels ... resize the source to 30 pixels or the biggest size you use in the game.

if the problem persists i would change the sprite.object to a tiledbackground object, if that doesn't solve it, ehm, i got nothing else.

here is why i refer to tiledbackground object use, when you use the autocrop on tiledbackground object edges are cut perfect pixel, where if you do it for the sprite.object there will be added a 1px or 2x border radius transparent space around it. is annoying, but since C3 that problem never got fixed, and it will probably never will... not to mention the tiled-background object reder quality is far more superior than the sprite objects, where it ads edge blur where it shouldn't etc.... i know it might not sound as the perfect approach but is a workaround the current issue until is fixed.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > CAUSES OF THE PROBLEM

> In practice, this is actually relatively rare. As noted you have to be unlucky enough to have all of the following happen:

>

> Resize an image considerably smaller than its source size

by the looks of your sprite image, the source is 512x512 yet in your game is at around 30pixels ... resize the source to 30 pixels or the biggest size you use in the game.

if the problem persists i would change the sprite.object to a tiledbackground object, if that doesn't solve it, ehm, i got nothing else.

here is why i refer to tiledbackground object use, when you use the autocrop on tiledbackground object edges are cut perfect pixel, where if you do it for the sprite.object there will be added a 1px or 2x border radius transparent space around it. is annoying, but since C3 that problem never got fixed, and it will probably never will... not to mention the tiled-background object reder quality is far more superior than the sprite objects, where it ads edge blur where it shouldn't etc.... i know it might not sound as the perfect approach but is a workaround the current issue until is fixed.

If you contacted me, I will tell you, the image on the screenshot is 128X128 And the sizes of objects were controlled using "Scale: from 0.5 to 1"

• > Downscaling quality. The default medium tightly packs spritesheets, and generally works. However if there are issues with color fringing, the high mode will pad out spritesheets and avoid the problem - at the cost of increased memory use.

The game already takes 40 MB and I want the game to be easy for different phones.

Although I try not to use more than 512x512 textures, sometimes I have to.

Not all smartphones are optimized for Html

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)