How to detect that a user has installed another one of our games for reward?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
A collection of well organized sprites to build your own UI Reward stars
  • Let's say that we have created couple of games. If user play one of our games how to reward user if he install more of our games, how to detect new installation?

Any suggestions are welcome

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The easy way would be: in the menu add a special little button that shows a code like "12345", a unique code for each game. Then user can use this code to get bonuses in the other games by typing it in some text box.

Or you can add links to your other games and just give out rewards as soon as user opens the link. If you specifically ask them to install the game in exchange for reward - most users will actually do it, because they don't know that you cannot detect the install. That's how it always worked with requesting a review/rating.

• Simple Games Tnx for suggestions. First solution is interesting but needs additional explanation to the user, how to use code... Second one I'm already using for social network sharing but it's easy to figure out how to use unlimited revenue (even though it's annoying). I tried another games and founded they are solve that problem nicely, real detection of facebook, twitter or friends sharing and also installing...

• To avoid unlimited revenue - only give the reward once, it's not like they need to install your other game more than once anyway. As to verifying the social media sharing - I don't know, I never used this feature.

• There is a Cordova plugin which you can add to your project:

npmjs.com/package/cordova-plugin-appavailability

Then call appAvailability.check method from a script to check if an app with a certain id is installed. I'm not 100% sure if this will work, but you can try.

• To avoid unlimited revenue - only give the reward once, it's not like they need to install your other game more than once anyway. As to verifying the social media sharing - I don't know, I never used this feature.

That makes sense, I will try that solution for now although reward should be enabled only when the user is online which is another problem that can't be solved on easy way.

• There is a Cordova plugin which you can add to your project:

https://www.npmjs.com/package/cordova-plugin-appavailability

Then call appAvailability.check method from a script to check if an app with a certain id is installed. I'm not 100% sure if this will work, but you can try.

Tnx, nice plugin, it would be nice to see this plugin like C3 addon...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)