How do I design more advanced one-way platforms?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Change the size and position of everything without calculating anything!
  • I had to stop using the Jump-Thru behavior for my one-way platforms because I wanted the ability to angle my one-ways in 4 directions. So I did that, and programming it is simple. If player is in front of platform, enable solid.

The problem is that I have multiple player objects... I consider moving boxes and enemies under the 'entities' family, alongside the actual player. All of these also use platform behavior and I need them to display the same interaction described above, simultaneously. That, I have no idea how to do.

Any ideas?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • UPDATE: I figured it out, but not in a great way. What I did was give the platform a child object that was slightly bigger than the hitbox, and then added an on collision event with the child object. From there, I performed the same "is entity in front?" check.

Problems with this method: One, it may glitch out if multiple entities are near the same platform. Two, the player might skip the child object event if their fps is low or something, and end up bumping into the platform before it can be adjusted. (not sure if the second one is true)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)