How do I delete saved game?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hello,

Quick question: I have a player and that player can exit the game whenever he wants and go back to menu, and that player can also be killed from Zombies (enemies).

How can i create such a save-game to save it when the player wants to leave the game, and delete that saved game when he has been killed by the zombies.

I was thinking about 2 save-game "slots" ->

savegame0 and savegame1:

When player dies C3 loadse savegame0 and then also savegame1 (to ovewrite)

When players exits C3 saves savegam1

When the players enteres first time the game C3 saves/loads it as savegame0.

When the players enteres the >0 time C3 load the savegame1.

I was thinking like this because i need to save some objects position and I don't know how to delete a savegame, just to overwrite.

Options/Ideas ?

Thank you in advance

• Are you using Local Storage or the system 'Save' and 'Load' actions? If you are using Local Storage you could use the 'Remove item' action. If you are using the system 'Save' and 'Load' actions then I don't think there is a way. You could use the system 'Save' and 'Load' actions to save the game and the Local Storage to see if you have a saved game. Otherwise, you will just have to play again and the next time you save it will cancel the old one and save the new one in it's place. You should try searching the manual and forums for better answers if this doesn't help you.

Give me a Pixel

• Are you using Local Storage or the system 'Save' and 'Load' actions? If you are using Local Storage you could use the 'Remove item' action. If you are using the system 'Save' and 'Load' actions then I don't think there is a way. You could use the system 'Save' and 'Load' actions to save the game and the Local Storage to see if you have a saved game. Otherwise, you will just have to play again and the next time you save it will cancel the old one and save the new one in it's place. You should try searching the manual and forums for better answers if this doesn't help you.

Give me a Pixel

Hello, I am using Save / Load actions.

I have an answer using a local storage, because you can't remove a saved slot just to overwrite it.

I have to test a little more :)

I still want to have some objects saved, and if i tick Global Object is showing me the 'global' objects in the other layouts too...

• Do you have any more questions or do you think you can figure it out? BTW I hope my reply helped.

• Do you have any more questions or do you think you can figure it out? BTW I hope my reply helped.

Yes,

I would like one object in the main layer not to be destroyed at the end of the layout.

I ticked the Global object settings, but it also appear on the other layers ( and i don't want that since it's solid).

How can i have an object position be saved and loaded only on the main layer ?

• You could use the 'Is on layer' condition. If true than save the object.

• You could use the 'Is on layer' condition. If true than save the object.

Thank you for your help!

Do you know how can i restore a lost keystore from Google Play (i've created a new topic on forum)

https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/recover-lost-keystore-file-146582

• Sorry, I don't know. Maybe newt might know. He/she seems more advanced in this particular kind of thing.

• Sorry I don't think it's possible.

A lot of people had this issue when the Xdk went away.

Make a new app is the best advice.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry I don't think it's possible.

A lot of people had this issue when the Xdk went away.

Make a new app is the best advice.

oh, I tried :). I know that would be the answer.

Thank you all for your answers !

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)