Custom splash & loading screen for mobile

1 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • I want to set up a custom loading screen for a mobile project. Nothing too fancy, just a logo and a simple loading bar, that goes to layout X upon project load (assets, sounds etc).

I've searched through various tutorials and forum posts but can't find anything specific on this. I've also tried to play around with the startup fields in project settings, loader layout and whatnot.

I'm searching for a deeper understanding of how this works. Must there be a splash screen for all Android apps? What about iOS? Is there a default splash screen when exporting through C3? How can i edit this? And how do i set up my custom layout to show loading progression? What will a somewhat big project even "load"? We're not downloading assets when it's an .apk i guess, but i believe we want to load what's necessary to memory?

I guess i just know very little on this subject, and would like some clarity on how these things work and what we can control.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

• era, this might not be exactly what you're looking for, but you can replace the C2 icon that displays when the game starts loading (before any loader layout):

In the project bar click on the "icons" folder - you'll find a bunch of C2 logo icons.

You can replace all of these with your own icons, although loading-logo.png is probably the one you're after - just be sure to make the dimensions and filename the same.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • era, this might not be exactly what you're looking for, but you can replace the C2 icon that displays when the game starts loading (before any loader layout):

In the project bar click on the "icons" folder - you'll find a bunch of C2 logo icons.

You can replace all of these with your own icons, although loading-logo.png is probably the one you're after - just be sure to make the dimensions and filename the same.

Thanks for the input! I remember this from way back when i was doing browser based stuff, but really searching for a better understanding how C3 goes about all of this for mobile. This goes a long way at least, thanks.

For now i'll play around with the letterbox/splash color and make it somewhat work for the specific project.

Does not solve the "problem" though, so hoping for more in-depth information on the topic.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)