How do I creating 9 squares in a single grid?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Snap to visible grid - perfect solution for any game genre
  • I forgot that I changed the width and height to 8, so you will have 9 columns and 9 rows.

I change the height and width to 8 its creating 9 rows and 9 colums but the square which we creating is not exatly behind the fisrt tile by this its not matching and not removing

• You should set original imagepoint of the square to x=0, y=0.

The square has instance variable to check how many blocks inside.

The collision of the square also smaller than the image to avoid it overlaps the blocks in next squares.

• I tried with that as well but the square is not fixing behind the tile, even i tried to change some code and bring that behind the tile but now the matching is not working.

Are these code working with you? Had you tested and the blocks are working.

Would you show me the snap or video if possible for you?

I really appreciated your help and very thankful for your this kind help.

Thank You Brother.

• This is what I have: block-puzzle.netlify.app

• Ohh its really awesome! That's what i want.

How could i implement it, whats your suggestion?

I think there are 2 possibilities.

1. Share with me images of your complete event sheet. The properties of square image and layout and other related with the square creating.

2. You could do that for me in Construct 2.

What would you suggest and would be easy for you, so that i would be really thankful to you for performing such an efforts regarding my side. And it will save my time.

Thanks

• There you go: drive.google.com/open

I edited with C2 r269.

• ohhhhh! that's great..... it worked!

You really sort out my problem, with the depth of my heart i am really thankful to you.

I appreciate your knowledge related programming.

Hope in the future you will also help me.

May Allah (God) give you all success in your life.

• Hello Maverick1912 Dear,

Hope you are doing well!

I am just wondering that would it be possible to undo 2-3 steps in Blocks Puzzle Game.

I mean, you place a Blocks on the game field/tiles, eventually, some squares disappear, and the score goes up.

However, you decided that you have made a mistake. Click "undo" and everything goes back to the state that it was until you've placed the Block. And you can repeat this for the last Three or Two Block that you've placed.

• Nicely done Maverick! :) and good idea Norman!

played three times - third time got a score of 1632.

Found what I would consider a bug. If you place a block that completes both a horizontal and vertical line, both lines are removed. But if you place a block that completes both a square of 9 and horizontal and/or vertical line only the square of 9 are removed. The checksquare function should not remove blocks until the check function has had a chance to look for complete lines...

Norman, an undo system is certainly possible, but adds a lot more complexity!

• Nicely done Maverick! :) and good idea Norman!

played three times - third time got a score of 1632.

Found what I would consider a bug. If you place a block that completes both a horizontal and vertical line, both lines are removed. But if you place a block that completes both a square of 9 and horizontal and/or vertical line only the square of 9 are removed. The checksquare function should not remove blocks until the check function has had a chance to look for complete lines...

Norman, an undo system is certainly possible, but adds a lot more complexity!

Thanks AllanR

All credits goes to Maverick1912 he had nicely done.

Thats awesome you did nice score!

Yeah i have also noticed that bug also and try to find a solution for it that how i can manage it, if Both a square and vertical or horizontal line fills, i want to finish both.

Yeah it will go to the complexity but i wish i could do this..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank AllanR!

Noman Khan, I found out that you can fix that bug by yourself, replace the place that I called function "checkSquare()" with function "check(respawn)"

Then you add 2 places in function check()

With Undo system, it is really complicated to implement :).

• Awesome Maverick1912 Thats work fine now for horizontal, vertical and square at the same time.

Thank you very much you are just amazing and very helpful to this Forum.

I am noticing one other feature of the original BlockuDoku game:

When i move a tile over the playing grid, it casts a "shadow" over the fields where it can be placed.

There is also a visual hint of the line, square, or combination that will be removed if you drop the tile at a particular location, even before the tile is dropped.

I would really like to have this implemented. Would it be possible?

Thanks once again

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)