Creating a 'hookshot-like' in game item

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
A well commented template with hookshot mechanics for top-down and platformer games!
  • Hey,

I'm *very* new to Construct, I've been looking all over this forum and Google looking for a way in which I can create something like a Hookshot which would be controlled by a cursor for a platformer I'm creating.

Ideally, I want it to just be a hookshot item (like one in Zelda) the character would hold in their hand and on clicking in a direction, the grappling would shoot from the gun and pull the player towards an object (collision point of the platforms) to hang there until released by jumping or what have you.

I've already got my character and test level made, but I'm really struggling to write the process to make all of this work. I've been unsuccessful with the parts spawning all over the place and not really acting the way I intend them to.

Really, I want someone's help as to where I'm going wrong - what would the process be to make this work effectively? I've found a few examples online, but nothing I can incorporate effectively.

Thanks for your help in advance.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey PremiumOxygen,

here is an example .c3p. May not be bug free or polished, but you can use it to start.

1drv.ms/u/s!Ap_-qxoGKbDcg1ITyGR1MGy8BVPp

• Haha not a problem, I think just deconstructing existing things really helps to learn how to creat - appreciate your reply!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)