How do I create a screenshot viewer in-game?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hi friends,

I'm trying to add a feature where players can take screenshots anytime in game, and view them on screen simply.

So whether theyve taken 1, 5, 20 screenshots, a small sprite should go through them e.g. if you hit simple left/right arrows.

I tried expanding on this "take screenshots" official example but I can't get it to work.

editor.construct.net

I tried making the screenshot viewer "advance 1 frame" each time the key is pressed, hoping it would load in the next screenshot in the next frame each time.

And I had left/right arrow keys move backwards and forwards in the screenshots but too can't get any of it to work.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks all :)

Tagged:

• this is the code i have so far if anyone can help me:

• HI! It seems to me that you are doing it correctly, as it is the screenshot will appear in the screenshotpane sprite, with the arrows you will change frames, haven't you forgotten to put more frames in the animation so you can switch between them?

Or maybe the problem is that you always overwrite the same frame? In this case change the frame of the sprite before loading the screen, in order to write on another frame

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thank you for the reply and suggestion!

here's my test file for reference:

drive.google.com/file/d/1mrluATlCItXrFS_VFFpb8RU9lQSY-ARl/view

SPACE - to take screenshot.

LEFT/RIGHT KEYS - move between screenshots

when you take a screenshot they seem to show ok in the screenshot sprite in the lower right...

...but when you move left/right, sometimes they seem to show just one screenshot, other times they show out of order, or none at all, it's a bit strange. sometimes, there is just one screenshot and not any more, i don't know why?

any ideas how to get working?

my aim:

- let users take as many screenshot as they like.

- let users look through all past screenshots

- if any more screenshots are taken, it is always added to the last frame, no matter which one you are previewing.

- let people download/save the screenshot they are viewing.

• I told you to change frame before loading the image on the sprite, and then the animation in the sprite must be set at 0 speed, this should help you, bye!

• appreciate it, that doesn't seem to help.

it seems to take multiple screenshots, but then it doesn't let you see them correctly. for some reason the screenshots are smaller each time?

here's the latest WIP file for reference:

drive.google.com/file/d/1r3QY2UvJGiKgffoaFCAxZU9ttrY9-ixe/view

if anyone else has any ideas be much appreciated!

thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)